Egypt is a country with both historic and contemporary attractions. Egypt tours provide something for everyone to enjoy, from the recognisable Giza pyramids and antiquated temples to the busy streets of Cairo. The top 20 tourist destinations and landmarks in Egypt are listed below:
20 places to visit in Egypt
Egypt is a very large nation with several provinces and cities. As there are attractions in each city that are popular in our Egypt travel packages, let's find out what they are so that you may include them in your Egypt classic tours.
Attractions in Giza
- The Great Pyramids of Giza: These ancient wonders are the only remaining of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and are a must-see for any visitor who should add the Giza Pyramids activities to his Egypt luxury tours.
- Great Sphinx: The iconic statue of a lion with a human head has stood guard over the pyramids for more than 4,500 years. There are some stories that say that the Great Sphinx was located to guard the kings against thefts. You can capture photos with the Sphinx as a memory during your Egypt day tours to remember this memory all the time.
- Memphis: This ancient city was once the capital of Egypt and is a must-see for those interested in ancient history and archaeology. Memphis city is a main destination in Giza and is usually added with Giza Pyramids tours on the same day or in the same adventure packages in Egypt too.
- The Saqqara: The ancient Saqqara city is home to many pyramids and is a must-see for those interested in ancient history and archaeology.
Sightseeing in Cairo
- The Egyptian Museum: The Egyptian Museum collects a treasure trove of ancient Egyptian artifacts and is a must-see for history buffs during your Cairo day tours.
- The Bazaar of Khan el-Khalili: This vibrant market is a great place to shop for souvenirs and is a must-see for those interested in Egyptian culture. The Khan El Khalili Market also has a lot of attractions to see during your walk on Moez street and El Hussein street.
- The Coptic Cairo: This historic neighborhood is home to many ancient churches such as the Hanging Church and is a must-see for those interested in Christian history and culture to add to their Egypt budget tours.
- The Saladin Citadel: This noteworthy fort is an unquestionable requirement for those keen on military history and design. Saladin Bastion has historical centers and mosques inside to investigate during your Egypt spiritual tours and know their full history.
- The Cairo Tower: This notable high rise offers all encompassing perspectives on the city and is an unquestionable necessity for those inspired by present day engineering.
- The Al-Azhar Park: This lovely park is an extraordinary spot to unwind and is an unquestionable necessity for those inspired by green spaces and nature.
- The Mosque of Muhammad Ali: This lovely mosque is an unquestionable necessity for those inspired by Islamic engineering and culture, you can join our Old Cairo tour and find it together.
Top-rated attraction in Alexandria
- The Qaitbay Citadel: This historic fortress offers panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and is a must-see attraction and the top-rated Alexandria day tours.
Places to visit in Luxor
- The Valley of the Kings: The last resting spot of numerous Pharaohs, the Valley of the Kings is an unquestionable necessity for those inspired by old Egyptian history and culture.
- The Temple of Karnak: The old Karnak temple complex is one of the most noteworthy in Egypt and is an unquestionable necessity for those keen on old engineering.
- The Temple of Luxor: This Temple is committed to the god Amun and is an unquestionable necessity for those inspired by old Egyptian religion and culture to visit during their Luxor day tours.
- The Nile River: A voyage on the Nile River is an extraordinary method for seeing the sights and hints of Egypt, and is a must-accomplish for any guest.
What to visit in Aswan
- The Abu Simbel: These massive temples for King Ramses II and his favorite wife Nefertiti, Abu Simbel Temple is located in Aswan near to the High Dam, it's easy to sail to it with a cruise to enjoy the Nile River.
- The Dendera: Around 2.5 kilometers (1.6 mi) to the southeast of Dendera, Egypt, is where you may find the Dendera Temple Complex. It is one of the oldest temple complexes that have the finest preservation. It's easy to add this tour to your Aswan day tours with the other attractions in Aswan.
- The Aswan: This beautiful city is a great place to relax and discover as it has charming islands and temples to see in Aswan attractions.
- The Edfu: Add Edfu Temple to your trips to Egypt as it is located on the west bank of the Nile River.
In conclusion, Egypt is a land of great history and culture and offers an array of attractions and places to visit that will leave a lasting impression. From ancient wonders to modern delights, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this fascinating country. If you are planning to visit Egypt, make sure to check out these.